If you’re looking for a drink that’s low in calories, but with a high amount of added alcohol, look no further than vodka. It has no unhealthy sugars and few carbs, so it fits into any weight loss plan. Just make sure to stay away from the flavored variety as they add loads of extra sugar or artificial sweeteners. This way you can enjoy your favorite mixed cocktail while staying on track!
What are the benefits of drinking Vodka.
1. Vodka is a dry drink. That means it can be mixed with very little in the way of liquids, which is helpful when you’re counting calories. Low-calorie cocktails such as vodka tonics and Negroni drinks are a great way to get that sizzling buzz you crave without adding sugar or glasses of soda.
2. Vodka can help curb your appetite and satisfy your craving for alcohol without overdoing it on calories. The burn from the alcohol will distract your taste buds so that you aren’t so hungry and full when you’ve finished off the bottle.
3. Vodka is a great alternative to beer and other alcoholic beverages. The alcohol content in vodka generally ranges from about 60-80 proof, which is much lower than most beers (some can be more than twice as high), making it easier to control your intake of alcohol, which is especially helpful for people who are trying to lose weight.
4. Vodka and wine go very well together. Wine’s anti-oxidants and antioxidants create a wonderful pairing with the vodka that makes for a great night out on the town.
5. If you’re trying to lose weight, vodka fits the bill perfectly. It’s low in calories and has little effect on blood sugar, meaning you’ll be able to eat a good amount of food before feeling hungry.
6. Vodka is great for social gatherings because it’s among the alcohols that mix well with other drinks (vodka works especially well with tonic water or soda) and it doesn’t taste too strong in conjunction with other foods and beverages.
7. When you order a vodka cocktail at a bar, they often use flavored vodkas, which are usually high in sugar or artificial sweeteners, which can sometimes increase your calorie intake as much as 20 percent. But if you want your drink to taste great with out putting on a lot of extra pounds, stick with plain vodka.
Vodka Drinking Tips:
– Be sure to mix your drink in a glass rather than a highball or shot glass so that the alcohol doesn’t pool in the glass.
– If you’re feeling particularly giddy, have it mixed half and half with seltzer water. This will help you to keep hydrated without adding too many calories to the mix. You can also try peppermint schnapps for a similar effect without any calories.
– If you’re trying to lose weight, you may want to share your drink with someone else. Most people are concerned about excessive alcohol consumption, but when you’re going out with friends and family, you can often have a drink or two without putting on unwanted pounds.
– Try some flavored vodkas such as raspberry, vanilla or mint. They add flavor that can make the drink taste great without having to use too much sugar or artifical sweeteners.
Vodka has always been one of the most popular drinks around the world. It is preferred by many as it has a high alcohol content with no calories. Hence, there can never be a better drink for weight loss than Vodka!