What is a CRM Software?
These are platforms that can connect different departments in an organization such as sales, marketing, and customer service departments, into a singular cohesive system. It enables better coordination amongst all team members and in turn, allows organizations to provide better consumer experiences.
How does CRM software work?
CRM software absorbs data from each integrated platform from several departments in an organization. It then organizes all the data so that companies can make better decisions and provide improved solutions to their customers.
Statistical Benefits of Using a CRM Software
- Provides over 44% greater leads to your organization.
- Improves sales by over 37%.
- Brings about a 45% increase in customer retention.
- There is a 52% faster integration of all business applications.
7 Strategies to Build Customer Relationships Using CRM
- Set a target audience: Volunteers can come from different backgrounds and not all of them will align with your organization. By using CRM software, you can specify the group of volunteers you want to attract. You can do so by integrating details about volunteer interests, skills, educational backgrounds, professional qualifications, etc. By having this data in one place, you can reach out to the most suitable group of people and build stronger relationships with them.
- Integrate social media interactions: In this day and age, social media is one of the most popular forms of communication. You can integrate different platforms on your CRM software and use it to communicate with potential volunteers in the best way possible. When people can openly and comfortably communicate with your organization, it will be easier to create and build long-lasting relationships.
- Personalize volunteer interactions: When volunteers join a particular program, they also want to be acknowledged for the work they put in. You can use CRM-specific volunteer platforms to personalize communication with each volunteer and use it to encourage them for future volunteer opportunities. People can relate more when you take a personalized approach. Hence, such communication will help you build stronger volunteer relationships.
- Keep database updated: All volunteer data integrated into the CRM software should be kept up to date to avoid any miscommunication. For example, with the help of the Salesforce Volunteer Management tool, you can ask all volunteers to send in any new details and keep updates of personal information, joining dates, fixed hours, and more. This allows you to maintain clear communication and thus build a stronger relationship with all volunteers.
- Train employees to use CRM: Provide necessary training to organization employees to handle CRM software in use. Employees can then use the system to continuously stay updated with volunteers, maintain communication, and relay new opportunities to your audience. By providing training, you can also streamline all volunteer activities and conduct successful programs, thus paving a path for better volunteer relationships.
- Create loyalty programs: For volunteers who have worked with your organization for a certain amount of time, you can have loyalty programs to show your appreciation. You can use volunteer scheduling data to keep track of how many times they have joined your programs, and then accordingly send out certifications, badges, or other mementos to show volunteers that you value their work. They will feel appreciated which will give you a chance to strengthen relationships.
- Value-based communication: Volunteers join your programs to support a cause the organization is working towards and help reach the same goals. To do this, they expect to be aware of how seriously you hold your beliefs and want your actions to back your claims. You can make use of CRM software to enable value-based communication with all volunteers. For example, you can communicate about the purpose of the program, the impacts, the solutions you want to provide, etc. It gives volunteers a feeling of trust which is crucial for building stronger relationships.
The Future of CRM Software
It’s predicted that in the future, we’ll see the integration of AI with CRM to enhance employee and public experiences. AI will help make better suggestions that organizations will be able to use to build stronger customer relationships. Along with this, there will be an improvement in mobile experience with the use of CRM. We will also witness big data play an important role with CRM for the organization of data and actions taken on the same.
For non-profits, maintaining strong volunteer relationships is crucial for the consistency of successful volunteer programs. With the help of CRM software, organizations can maintain and keep track of volunteer data to enable better communication, and provide improved experiences which in turn, will help build healthier volunteer relationships.