Over the past decade, Netflix and such services have become the primary source of entertainment for cord-cutters. However, today we are mainly focusing on Netflix only.
So, first let’s admit that Netflix has become such a worldwide brand name for streaming services that it hardly needs any introduction!
It is the top-rated video streaming service that covers all entertainment content, including seasons, movies, news, anime, documentaries, cartoons and more.
To be specific; Netflix has attracted nearly 214 million across the globe and continues to grow as a one-stop destination to access all the top movies and seasons with its affordable subscription plan (Mobile Basic, Standard, Basic, and Premium) and astonishing capabilities.
On Netflix, you can watch your favorite content, be it movies, TV shows, web series or whatever. You can watch them anytime and anywhere on multiple devices like smartphones, smart TVs, streaming media players, PCs, tablets, game consoles, including any other internet-connected device that has the Netflix app on it.
However, those who know Netflix also know that Netflix is a paid platform for video streaming and one must have an active Netflix account to use its features and enjoy the benefits it offers.
Having an active Netflix account will allow users to sign in to Netflix and access its premium content and features.
So, like many others if you too want to get sign-in help for Netflix and are thus here then, don’t waste time and dive straight into the details—
- How to Sign in to Netflix Account?
- Way 1: Sign in to your Netflix account using Netflix Website
- Way 2: Sign in to your Netflix account using Netflix App
- How to Get Rid of Netflix Login Issues?
How to Sign in to Netflix Account?
There are two ways to get access to your Netflix account and they are as listed. It’s time to learn the step by step login instructions of both the methods—
- Sign in to your Netflix account using Netflix Website
- Sign in to your Netflix account using Netflix App
Way 1: Sign in to your Netflix account using Netflix App
As Netflix has its own iOS, Android and Windows 10 app using which you can download and watch your favorite shows without being connected to the internet so, let’s see how you can sign in to your Netflix account on the Netflix app—
- Step 1: To begin, you’ve to install the Netflix app on your respective device. The link to download the Netflix app on different devices are as given;
- Step 2: When you finish downloading, launch the Netflix app on your respective device. [Note: You can also sign in on any and multiple Netflix-compatible devices.]
- Step 3: Once you’ve opened the Netflix app, select the ‘Sign In’ option.
- Step 4: Then, as prompted, enter ‘Email ID or Phone number’ and ‘Password’ that are associated with your Netflix account.
- Step 5: After entering your account’s login details, hit on the ‘Sign in’ button to access your Netflix account and begin watching TV shows and movies on the Netflix app.
Way 2: Sign in to your Netflix account using Netflix Website
If you want to watch your favorite content on the web from your PC or any other device then, you just have to sign in to your Netflix account at Netflix.com via following these steps—
- Step 1: On your respective device, first launch the web browser of your choice.
- Step 2: Then, paste this link https://Netflix.com on your browser’s URL address bar and hit ‘Enter’ to go to Netflix home page.
- Step 3: On reaching there, click on the ‘Sign in’ button present in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 4: Then, enter your ‘Email address or Phone number’ that is linked to your Netflix account.
- Step 5: Along with this, you also need to enter the ‘Password’ of your Netflix account.
- Step 6: Upon entering the login details of your account, you just have to click on the ‘Sign in’ button to finally get access to the Netflix account you’ve created.
Alternatively, it is worth mentioning that you can also use your Facebook account to log in to your Netflix account. If you consider this, what you need to do is—
- Step 1: Click on the ‘Login with Facebook’ option located beneath the ‘Sign in’ button.
- Step 2: As you do so, a new window will open.
- Step 3: In that, you need to enter your ‘Facebook login credentials’ and hit the ‘Sign in’ button to simply get access to your Netflix account through your Facebook account.
So, that’s all the information and instructions you need to know and learn about the Netflix login and its process.
However, the process of log in to a Netflix account is not as easy as it seems here. Sometimes, users might also face difficulty in logging to your account due to many unexpected errors, issues and glitches.
How to Get Rid of Netflix Login Issues?
If you too experience any issues while signing in to your Netflix account, consider the below-discussed solutions for “Netflix can’t sign in issue”—
Solution 1: Check If Netflix Server Is Down?
Since, you never know when a website gets down for maintenance or for some other reasons. It is suggested that before trying any other solution, you should check for Netflix server outages as this could be one of the reasons you’re not able to log in to your account. For that, you can go to this ‘Downdetector.com website.’
There, make sure that Netflix is down or not. If it’s down, you have no other option but to wait until Netflix is up and running again.
However, if nothing seems to be wrong with the Netflix server, then try the next listed solution.
Solution 2: Check Your Internet Connection
Secondly, check for network issues via using other apps and websites. If you are able to use other platforms perfectly, then it is not your connection that is causing you trouble to login. But, if the opposite is the case, then you need to contact your network administrator to fix your possible network issues.
Solution 3: Check & Verify Your Email Address or Phone Number and Password
Next, you need to check your email /phone number and password you used to sign up for your Netflix account. This is in order to be sure that you’re using the correct username and password combination.
But, if you forget your registered email address or phone number then, consider following these below given steps—
- Step 1: Head to www.netflix.com.
- Step 2: There, click on the ‘Sign in’ button located in the top-right corner.
- Step 3: Next, click on the ‘Need Help?’ button which is there right below the ‘Sign in’ button.
- Step 4: Following that, click on the option that reads: ‘I can’t remember my email address or phone number.’
- Step 5: Once you do so, you need to fill in the following information/details you have used to sign up with Netflix;
- First Name
- Last Name
- Credit or Debit Card Number
- Step 6: Upon entering these asked details, click on the ‘Find Account’ button which is located at the bottom of the page.
Now, hopefully Netflix lets you know your email address or phone number that is linked to your Netflix account.
Solution 4: Reset your Forgotten Password to Login to Your Netflix Account!
In this age of technology, we are forever creating new accounts for the ever-expanding set of platforms and apps we use. And with each new account comes a new password that you must remember. But, after some time it becomes difficult to remember all your passwords.
So, if you can’t sign in to Netflix because you’ve forgotten your password then, you can reset your password by email or text message. Basically, you have to go through the password-reset process to recover your account access. [Note: However, that can only be possible if you’ve added your phone number to your account.]
With that said, here are the steps to be executed to login to Netflix account when you forget your password—
- Step 1: Go to ‘Netflix.com.’ You can either open the ‘Netflix App’ on your mobile or the ‘Netflix Website’ using browser of your respective mobile/computer.
- Step 2: Then, click on the ‘Sign in’ button located at the top right side of the screen.
- Step 3: As you do so, you’ll reach onto the login page and there, click on the ‘Need help?’ option which is right below the ‘Sign in’ box.
- Step 4: Now, three different options will appear on the screen to reset your password. Out of them, one is via your email and the other two are via your phone number.
- Reset Your Password by Email
- Reset Your Password by Text Message (SMS)
- Reset Your Password by Call (Voice)
- Step 5: From these password-resetting options, though you can select any one of them but in case your phone number is not registered to your account then, you are left with one option and i.e., to select ‘ Via your Email.’
- Step 6: After selecting the email me option, type your registered email id in the desired place and hit ‘Email Me.’
- Step 7: Once you hit the ‘Email Me’ button, you will see ‘Email Sent’ message on the screen as a result. This means an email will be sent to your email address registered with your Netflix account which will include a link.
- Step 8: Wait to receive the email and when you receive it, open the email and click on the ‘Link’ to reset your password with absolutely no hassle at all.
[Note: This above password-reset solution also works when you remember your password, but someone else with access to your account has changed it without your knowledge. You can use it to recover your account when you suspect that it has been hacked.]
In a Nutshell
This is all about the Netflix login guide. Hope you no longer have any questions regarding the same and are able to get access to your account using the instructions given here for both methods for Netflix login.
Apart from this, if you ever face a problem with login, you can also refer to the section ‘How to get rid of Netflix login issues’ to get some help.