About 70% of businesses are prioritizing generating website traffic and leads this year. Unfortunately, many marketing strategies can get costly if you lack the necessary experience. Instead of going it alone, consider hiring an experienced digital marketing agency.
With their help, you can boost brand awareness, increase traffic to your website, and draw in new leads. You can set yourself apart from the competition and give your business the boost it needs! Also, you need to find the best free press release sites because they play a major role in this aspect.
Not sure who to hire? Here are three tips to keep in mind as you review digital marketing companies online.
With these tips, you can find the best in the business! Your digital marketing agency will set you up for success for years to come.
Start your search with These Three Easy Tips Today!
1. Know Your Goals
Why hire a digital marketing company? For starters, they can help you accomplish your short- and long-term business goals. Before you start your search, however, it helps to determine what those goals are.
What do you want to accomplish this year? Set SMART goals for your business. These goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Results-Driven, and Timely.
For example, you can set a goal to attain 50 new customer reviews on your Google My Business listing before the end of the month. Maybe you want to attract 100 new people to your website within two weeks. Other goals aim to:
- Generate brand awareness
- Rank higher on Google
- Increase social media followers
- Increase online sales
- Boost email subscribers
- Generate more lead submissions
- Improve your customer acquisition rate
- Improve your ROI
Once you establish your SMART goals, set your key performance indicators (KPIs). For example, you can measure:
- Website visitor dwell times
- Clickthrough rates
- Bounce rates
- Number of unique visitors
- Social media followers
- Social media engagement
- Form submissions
Set a few KPIs for each goal.
Once you find a digital marketing agency, they should ask about your goals for the year. If they don’t, how will you know they’ll accomplish those goals?
Your digital marketing company should develop a strategy with your unique goals in mind.
Ask about their process? How will they help you accomplish your goals?
- What strategies will they use?
- Which KPIs will they track?
If the agency can’t answer these questions, they’re not the right fit.
2. Look for Experience and Expertise
Before you hire a digital marketing company, it’s important to make sure they have the experience and expertise you need. Otherwise, they’ll fail to answer your questions or help develop your campaigns.
First, determine how long the business has run and operated. If they’re a new business, it’s likely they’re still working out kinks. Instead, find someone who has lasted for a few years.
These agencies have outlasted their competitors.
Ask about each team member, too. What experience do they have? How long have they worked in their specific field?
Look for a team of qualified experts equipped to help your business.
Here are a few other tips that can help you find a digital marketing agency with the experience you need.
First, take a look at your goals for the year. Which digital marketing services will help you accomplish those goals?
For example, you can use search engine optimization (SEO) to rank higher on Google. SEO will help you:
- Boost brand awareness
- Rank higher than your competitors
- Establish your credibility in the industry
- Appear as a thought leader
- Build brand trust and loyalty
- Generate more website traffic
- Generate more leads and conversions
- Improve your ROI
Leads from SEO are eight times more likely to become paying customers than those from traditional campaigns.
You can also use pay-per-click (PPC) advertising to accomplish these goals. While SEO is organic, PPC is a paid strategy.
Consider other digital marketing services, including social media marketing and email marketing.
When was your website last updated? An old website could impact your SEO and PPC campaigns. Consider looking for an agency that offers web design and development, too.
Are customers struggling to explore your content? Will the agency study how they interact with your website? Consider what tools the agency will use.
With their help, you can optimize your website with customers in mind.
- Before hiring an agency, look at each member of their team. What credentials and training do they have? Do they have any certifications?
- Confirming the team’s credentials will give you peace of mind.
- Their Reputation
- Every business will try to convince you they’re the best in the industry. Don’t take their word for it. Instead, head online.
- Visit each digital marketing company’s Google My Business and Better Business Bureau listing. Read their most recent customer reviews. What do customers have to say about that agency?
- Did the customer experience any problems? How were those problems resolved? Would they recommend you choose someone else?
- Did the agency communicate? Do they send regular updates? If not, how do you know they’re benefiting your business?
Their Case Studies
- You can also look for proof by exploring each agency’s case studies. Case studies will show you how they helped their clients.
- Which KPIs did the agency track? Did they help the client accomplish their goals? What methods did they use?
- Ask to see case studies from companies like yours. That way, you can choose an agency that’s equipped to help your business.
3. Review the Contract
Once you start narrowing down your options, ask for quotes from at least three digital marketing agencies. What’s included within the quote? Do they offer a fixed price or a la carte services?
Make sure each of the agencies on your list suits your budget. It’s important to recognize that you’ll get what you pay for, though. If you want the best in the business, it’s likely their services are more expensive.
Make sure anything you discussed is in writing. That way, you can challenge any disputes that occur down the road.
Best in the Business: 3 Tips for Choosing a Top Digital Marketing Agency
With a digital marketing agency at your side, you can generate leads, improve your ROI, and boost your business. Remember not to choose the first agency you come across, though. Instead, use these tips to find the best agency around!
Searching for more useful tips and tricks? We can help!
Explore our latest blog posts today to get started.