In Snapchat, “Loading Screen Stuck on Tap to Load” issue has become a common occurrence. So, if you’ve landed yourself in a similar problem, don’t worry because we’ll be discussing all the possible causes and solutions today in this post to help you fix it in real time.
Introduction to Snapchat
For those who don’t know, over a billion people use Snapchat (available on Google Play Store for Android devices and App Store for iOS devices).
This is a top rated app and comes with a unique concept that lets you share and send quick snaps between friends that disappear after a few seconds.
To be specific, Snapchat, like its competitors like Facebook and Instagram, helps you share your funny moments with your friends and family. But, what is making it trending among the youth is that it also has many other great features to attract new users to its platform on a regular basis.
However, like all other apps, Snapchat has to deal with its share of issues. Hence, it sometimes doesn’t work and shows a loading screen saying “Tap to load”.
What is the Snapchat Loading Screen “Tap to Load”?
One of the frequently reported problems with Snapchat is its never-ending loading screen that means when trying to open a Snap; the user is greeted with a “Tap to Load” message.
This is not only frustrating but also a real concern as Snapchat allows the user to view the snap only once and after that, it disappears automatically. But, facing this error message indicates that Snapchat no longer downloads the snap automatically, instead you have to click on the load button to download it manually.
Despite this, chances are that your Snaps may not load properly, you can’t see photos and videos in chats, or Snapchat won’t load stories or pictures in chats appropriately.
So, now that you know what this problem means and how serious it is, let’s look at its causes and ways to fix it in the upcoming sections.
Read Also: 9 Ways to Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps
Causes for Snapchat Loading Screen Stuck on Tap to Load Issue
Unfortunately not one or two but many factors can cause your Snapchat loading screen to be stuck with the “Tap to load” issue and some of the primary ones are as listed:
- Poor Wi-Fi or cellular network connection.
- Lag due to large app data and cache files.
- Using an older version of Snapchat.
- Excessive use of your device.
In addition to these, other factors like network issue, cache issue, phone memory issue, and device permission setting can also contribute to the issue.
But since it won’t be possible to figure out the real reason due to which you’re facing the “Snapchat Loading Screen Stuck on Tap to Load” issue, it is recommended that you use the solutions below one by one to fix this problem.
How to Fix Snapchat Loading Screen Stuck on Tap to Load Issue?
In order to fix this “Snapchat Loading Screen Stuck on Tap to Load” issue you must consider applying these below-listed solutions and see which one helps you resolve it.
- Check Your Wi-Fi | Mobile Network Connection
- Turn off Snapchat Optimization.
- Enable Snapchat Permission
- Turn off Data Saver Mode.
- Turn off the Battery Saver Mode.
- Clear the Cache of the Snapchat Application.
- Change Your Wi-Fi Domain Name System (DNS)
- Delete All Your Snapchat Conversation
- Remove and Add Your Snapchat Friends Again
- Update the Snapchat Application
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Snapchat Application
Step-by-Step Instructions of Each of These 11 Solutions to Fix Snapchat Loading Screen Stuck on Tap to Load Issue!
Prerequisite: Restart Snapchat.
First thing first, whenever you encounter a problem with any application, what you can do is consider restarting it. The reason being simple that rebooting the application will cause it to re-run its code from the start and run as new.
So, considering that in mind, you should quit the application and stop it from running in the background. After that, you can reopen and try loading Snaps again to see if that helps.
Solution 1: Check Your Wi-Fi | Mobile Network Connection.
When Snapchat has issues loading your content, there must be a problem with your Wi-Fi or mobile internet connection. So, considering, it could be your Wi-Fi that is not providing enough connection to help you load Snaps, Stories and Images on Snapchat, you can restart your Wi-Fi router and see if it helps or not.
However, in case of mobile data you can upgrade to a better internet plan if you find that your current plan offers a slow connection
Tip: You can also call your Internet Service Provider and discuss the issue with them.
Solution 2: Turn off Snapchat Optimization.
You might not know that the device optimization feature puts some background apps to sleep so that they do not consume RAM and battery for better performance of the device. So, if you have turned on optimization for Snapchat, this might be the reason why it shows the “Tap to load” issue.
In this scenario, you need to turn off battery optimization for Snapchat by following the given steps:
- Step 1: On your respective phone, tap on the “Settings icon” from the homescreen to go to the Phone settings.
- Step 2: Inside settings, tap on the “Application” option to open the list of all the apps that you’ve installed on your device.
- Step 3: Among all of them, you’ve to locate and tap on the “Snapchat app.”
- Step 4: After doing that, what all you need to do is tap on the “Battery optimization” option.
- Step 5: Now, just select the “Do not optimize” to stop battery optimization of the Snapchat.
Solution 3: Enable Snapchat Permission.
Next, there are chances that if Snapchat didn’t get permission from your device’s storage, location and so on, it might throw problems like loading Snaps, Images and Stories on your device. So, what you need to do is check and if necessary, enables Snapchat permission like this:
- Step 1: To enable Snapchat permission, first you’ve to open “Snapchat app” on your respective device
- Step 2: On the Snapchat app, tap on your “Profile.”
- Step 3: Then, tap on the “Setting gear icon” from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 4: After that, navigate to the “Privacy” section and there, tap on “Permission” option.
- Step 5: Now, all you have to do inside the Permission section is to “Allow all the permission.”
- Step 6: Once you’ve done that, close the Snapchat app and reopen it to check if this proves helpful to get rid of the “Tap to Load” issue.
Solution 4: Turn off Data Saver Mode.
To save data as well as the battery of the device, most of us prefer to turn on the data saver, agreed! But, sometimes it restricts your apps and the data used by those apps to run in the background.
So, never know you may have turned on Data Saver and this is the reason why Snapchat is unable to download Snaps in the background on your device and shows “Snapchat Loading Screen Stuck on Tap to Load” error when you open the app.
With that in mind, you should check and turn off this feature to automatically reload content in Snapchat.
- Step 1: In order to turn off Data Saver, navigate to the “Settings” of your respective phone.
- Step 2: Insider settings, scroll down to expand “Connections.”
- Step 3: Now, you’ve to select the “Data Saver” option to finally turn off the data saver on your device.
- Step 1: On your respective Android, first open “Settings.”
- Step 2: Then, tap on the “Apps” option inside settings.
- Step 3: After that, what you’ve to do is locate the “Snapchat app” from the list of apps that are installed on your respective Android phone.
- Step 4: Now, when you’re able to find it, tap on it and simply “Turn off the mobile data for Snapchat.”
Solution 5: Turn off the Battery Saver Mode.
Just like data saver, if you have turned on battery saver mode on your device, you might face a Snapchat tap to load error as data access in battery saver mode is restricted for apps to save battery and make it last for longer.
Thus, you can try to get rid of tap to load error in Snapchat by turning off battery saver mode like this:
- Step 1: Firstly, tap on “Settings icon” to open settings of your respective phone.
- Step 2: Inside settings, scroll down the menu to locate and tap on the “Battery” option.
- Step 3: Following this, what you’ve to do is tap on the “Power Mode” or on the “Battery Saver Mode” option.
- Step 4: Now, in the end you just have to turn the toggle switch to “Off.”
Solution 6: Change Your Wi-Fi Domain Name System (DNS).
Next, if your Wi-Fi DNS is not stable then, this is another common reason that causes issues like “Tap to Load” in Snapchat. However, in this case, you simply require changing your DNS to fix Snapchat not working or Snap’s not loading issue.
Point to Consider: The process to change Wi-Fi DNS only works on some devices, that too only for certain users. So, you must try it out to check if it can work for you.
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” of your respective mobile.
- Step 2: Then, inside settings, you’ve to tap on the “Connection” section.
- Step 3: Next, tap on “Wi-Fi.”
- Step 4: After that, choose the “Advanced” option from your Wi-Fi.
- Step 5: By doing so, the “IP Settings” section will appear on the screen where all what you’ve to do is change “DHCP” to “Static.”
- Step 6: Now, on “DNS 1” you need to remove the already written IP and in place of that type “126.96.36.199.”
- Step 7: In the same manner, type “188.8.131.52” on “DNS 2.”
- Step 8: Now, in the end, you just have to tap on the “Save” button to apply the made changes.
Solution 7: Clear the Cache of Snapchat Application.
Needless to say, over time, a lot of memory in the cache folder on your device gets temporarily accumulated and due to this the apps available on your device including Snapchat start getting malfunctioned.
Thus, to ensure that all your apps including Snapchat run without any issues, it is advisable to clear the cache and remove unnecessary junk from your device.
- Step 1: To clear the Snapchat app cache, you need to first navigate to the “Setting” of your respective phone.
- Step 2: Then, inside the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on the “Apps” option to open the list of all installed and pre-loaded apps that you’ve in your respective device
- Step 3: From that list, tap on the “Snapchat app” to open the app interface.
- Step 4: On the same, you’ve to locate and tap on the “Storage” option.
- Step 5: Now, in the end, you just have to tap on the “Clear Cache” option to clear all the cache files of your Snapchat app.
Solution 8: Delete All Your Snapchat Conversations.
Another effective way is to delete all your conversations from Snapchat if your Snaps, Images or Stories are not loading properly. However, don’t worry because clearing Snapchat conversations will not delete your saved or sent messages from any conversations.
- Step 1: To delete the Snapchat conversation, you first have to open the “Snapchat application” on your respective phone.
- Step 2: Once the app opens, go to your Snapchat “Profile.”
- Step 3: Then, tap on the “Setting gear icon” from the menu that appears.
- Step 4: After that, tap on the “Privacy” section from the settings menu.
- Step 5: Next, you’ve to locate and tap on the “Clear Conversation” option.
- Step 6: Now, tap on the “Cross mark on your friend’ with whom you’re facing the issues.
- Step 7: In the end, just tap on “Clear” button and see if that is of any help for you to get rid of the encountered issue.
Solution 9: Remove and Add Your Snapchat Friends Again.
If just deleting the conversation won’t work, you can also delete and re-add your Snapchat friends to fix tap to load issues, as in some cases, this actually works.
However, do note that deleting and re-adding your Snapchat friends will also delete all previously received and sent snaps from your account. So, if you are ready to take this risk then, follow the steps given below to implement this solution:
- Step 1: First you’ve to open the “Snapchat application” on your mobile.
- Step 2: Then, tap on the “Profile icon” to open your Snapchat profile.
- Step 3: After that, from your profile menu, tap on the “My Friends” section.
- Step 4: In doing so, your Snapchat’s friends list will expand and from it, you’ll have to select the person whose photos, snaps or stories you have trouble opening.
- Step 5: Next, tap on the “Three-dot line” and select the “Remove Friend” option. Alternatively, you can tap and hold to choose the “Remove Friend” option directly.
- Step 6: Now, when you’re done removing your friend, make sure you add them again and see if the issue still prevails or not.
Solution 10: Update the Snapchat Application.
Often, you forget to update the Snapchat application and continue to use the old version of the same, due to which after some time you face app related problems and errors. Therefore, you need to check and upgrade the Snapchat application to its latest version by following these steps:
- Step 1: Firstly, open the App Store on your iPhone or Google Play Store on your Android.
- Step 2: Then, you’ve to go to your “Profile icon” located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Next, you need to tap on the “Manage apps and device” option from the profile menu.
- Step 4: After that, tap on the “Updates Available” option.
- Step 5: Now, what you’ve to do is check if Snapchat application is on the list or not.
- Step 6: If the application is there on the list, just tap on the “Update” button which is located alongside it.
Solution 11: Uninstall and Reinstall the Snapchat Application
Last but not least, if none of the above solutions worked in your favor and the “Snapchat Loading Screen Stuck on Tap to Load” issue still persists, chances are that Snapchat key files may have become problematic.
But, as you cannot fix the Snapchat app’s key files manually, a practical way to solve this problem is to uninstall and reinstall the Snapchat app on your respective phone because this removes old corrupt files and brings in new working files.
- Step 1: To do this, first you’ve to delete the “Snapchat application” from your respective phone.
- Step 2: Once the app gets deleted, open the “Google Play Store” on Android or “App Store” on iPhone.
- Step 3: Now, you’ve to search for the “latest version of Snapchat” and once you’re able to find it, “download and install the app” on your respective mobile to hopefully enjoy it without any errors.
Hopefully you will be able to resolve the “Snapchat Loading Screen Stuck on Tap to Load” issue using any of the above discussed 11 solutions. But even then, if you encounter the Snapchat load issue, it is recommended to contact the Snapchat customer support team for further assistance.