The hospitality and tourism course is designed to equip aspiring students with the required knowledge, skills, and attitude to work in the dynamic hospitality and tourism industry efficiently. With tourism and hospitality industries flourishing across the globe, there has been an increase in employment opportunities within the sector. As a result, academic institutions have introduced academic courses at graduation, post-graduation, and diploma level programs to prepare professionals. The most popular of all the available degree courses is the Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management. A one-year diploma course acquaints the students with the knowledge and skills latest in the industry to advance themselves in a successful career.
It would be best to look into the course structure to learn about the exact aspects covered in the hospitality and tourism course. In this article, we’ll learn about the various topics covered in a hospitality and tourism course in the one-year duration.
Diploma in hospitality and tourism management: Program Structure
The one-year diploma program in hospitality and tourism management focuses on the aspects of the sector, including Front office operations, Hospitality Marketing, Finance, Food and Beverage Management, etc. These aspects collectively formulate the heart of running the hospitality and tourism sector.
Here is a detailed list of courses included:
- Hospitality Career Readiness: It introduces the students to the hospitality culture and mindset. The course also focuses on enhancing written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to ensure success in the dynamic business environment.
- Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism: This module focuses on equipping the students with an understanding of hospitality and hospitality products with an international outlook.
- Food and Beverage Operations: This module deepens the understanding of food and beverage operations and introduces them to an effective control system. The students will also establish an in-depth knowledge of food and wine and the style of service.
- Food, Sanitation, Safety, and Health: With this course, the students can understand the essential principles of food hygiene that can be applied throughout the food chain, including primary production to the consumer and ensuring that the food is entirely safe ready for consumption.
- Customer Services: It familiarizes the students with the ways to improve customer services while emphasizing effective communication skills in customer relations and services.
- Organizational Behavior in the Hospitality industry: This module identifies leadership and management behavior while focusing on the current marketplace and industry trends.
- Hospitality Accounting: This module helps the students understand principles and concepts relating to financial accounting and the proficient use of double-entry accounting techniques, including preparing the basic financial statements.
Pursuing a hospitality and tourism course can enable you to access a range of opportunities in the fast-growing sectors. Most importantly, through a course, you can learn and develop transferable skills that can be applied to a range of industries. The diploma program is innovatively designed to train students in hospitality and tourism.
If you think your personality can fit in the tourism and hospitality industry, it would be best to attend a formal course to learn about the sector’s operations. Sign in now to learn more about the Diploma course in Hospitality and Tourism Management!
Read Also: Top 5 Places to Visit in Kerala in December